YDI: A FULL PROFILE
Young Disciples International (Ydi) is an independent Christian Youth Organisation, committed to Youth Development, Empowerment and Discipleship. Ydi is focused on mentoring our young people - the Successor-generation and grooming them in the ways of the Lord. Ydi took off as a full-fledge youth ministry on 30th January, 1996.
To raise young disciples that will be usable and useful to our Lord Jesus Christ and His kingdom; and also empowering them to make a difference in their families, schools, churches, communities and nations; thereby serving Godï¿½s purposes in their generation.
OUR MISSION STATEMENT
To groom highly informed, responsible, impact-making and God-fearing Successor leaders that will be relevant to God and Humanity.
OUR MISSION OBJECTIVES
- To reach out to young people with the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ.
- To inculcate in young people Christian principles, morals and values.
- To provide support services to youths, especially those at risk and prone to crimes.
- To provide a wide range of development activities that will make youths realize their potentials and fulfill their God-given purposes.
- To raise young leaders patterned after the Biblical Joseph.
OUR CORE VALUES
- 24/7 Counselling
- Weekly discipleship meetings/training
- Summer/weekend Youth Bible School
- Pre-marital Counselling/Singles Time Out
- Pro-life/Success Motivation lectures
- Mission/media Outreaches
- Youth friendly books/library
- Talent development
- Scholarship/Bursary awards
- Children/youth workersï¿½ training
- Annual Youth leadership training conference (Camp Joseph)
- Academic/Professional Excellence
- Christ-like in Conduct and character
- Covenant of Purity (Public declaration to embrace abstinence)
- Spiritual Maturity
- Skill Acquisition
- Service to God and Humanity
- Social Relevance
The ministry is decentralized into chapters for easy coordination and access to our services and programmes. These chapters are established and supervised by Ydi Partners/Fellows/Associates who have been appointed by the Ministry leadership.
YDI AND THE LOCAL CHURCH
Ydi positively impacts local churches through specialized training for their young people in order for them to serve their churches better. Ydi also adds value to the local church via training programmes designed to make children/youth workers effective in their ministries.
Ydi is basically funded through donations and offerings given by Ydi covenant partners, associates, church/ministry donors and young disciples.
Covenant partnership is open to all Christians/churches who share our vision and mission to the successor-generation.
Ydi is led by the International President, Pastor Joe Jesimiel Ogbe and his wife, Pastor (Mrs) Henrietta Ogbe and other skilled youth workers. Other leadership organs are Ydi Board of Trustees, Board of Patrons, Fellows/Associates and National Youth Executive Councils.
Young Disciples International (YDi)
3, Ydi Street, off Isheri-Lasu Road,
(Hotel Solous B/stop, Before AP filling station)
Igando ï¿½ Lagos.
+234 01 4704081, 08033475807, 08023124455, 07026495010, 07030661403, 08152629343, 028768027
P. O. Box 1137, Mushin, Lagos.
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Standing From The Left: Mr Amos Musa, Mrs Agnes Elue, Mr Gbenja Alalade, Mr Ordi Omelebele
Sitting From The Left: Pastor Joe Jesimiel Ogbe, Senator Bode Olajumoke, Mrs Nzogi Musa, Pastor(MRS) Henrietta Ogbe
STAFF OF YDi